Sunday, May 16, 2010

Chicken Wings


Alright, first of all, I apologize for having been gone so long!

Secondly, I need to make this post as a matter of principle.

Yesterday, T brought home some chicken wings. And, I have to tell you, I looooove chicken wings. As we were discussing how to cook them, I suggested we try a crust and do a baked "fried" chicken. That was met with what I will call "disdain". I mean, a roll of the eyes and a "pfff"...

So, I said, "OK, I will make only a couple my way and we'll cook the rest on the grill". As he hopped into the shower, I got to work. I started with some Miss Vickie's crinkle cut plain chips. I put about four handfuls in a large ziplock bag, added 1/4 cup celery salt, 1/4 barbeque spice and 2 tablespoons of dried garlic. I shut the bag and the ran a rolling pin over it.

I decided that in order to have the fried chicken effect that I wanted,I filled a small bowl with flour, another one with an egg (2), milk (1/2 cup) and 2 tablespoons of BBQ sauce. I dipped the wing in the flour, then the egg wash, and then into the chip crust.

I had preheated the oven to 425 and let the bake for 30 minutes.

Out came these crispy, juicy, crunchy tender wings...



Mmm... they were so good!

And, I am posting this today, in order to PROOVE that this idea is my own!

T said he was not going to give me my props in the shop as he told everyone about this recipe. Well, HA! this was all MINE!!

(ps- I know I am not the first to think of this in the world of cooking, but in my household, it was my stroke of genius!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails