Wednesday, December 30, 2009

I'm baaack!

I got a camera for Christmas! Finally!

 
Posted by Picasa


We've been cooking up a storm since my last post and I have some low-quality pictures of our food that I may or may not post. But for now, I have a new and easy recipe that T brought home last night. The debate here is what to call it, T is of the opinion that we should call it "Italian Nachos" but I think it makes no sense. My version of Italian Nachos would be, crostini, bruschetta, string mozzarella, baked under hi-broil for a couple of minutes and that's it. This dish, however, is pasta. It just doesn't seem "nacho-y" to me...

In any case, I will let you guys be the judge.

 


Italian "Nachos"

2 cups of spelt pasta
1 cup of cubed, cured proscuitto (or pancetta)
1/4 cup rapini (from a jar- soaked in olive oil)
1/4 cup mushrooms (we used the jarred ones in olive oil)
1/2 cup of pitted black olives
2tbsps capers
2tbsps of red pepper spice paste
1/2 a cup chopped fresh mozzarella

Boil a pot of water, and then add the pasta, let simmer until tender
In a semi-deep pan, cook up the proscuitto, rapini, mushrooms, olives, capers and spice paste.
If it looks like you need more liquid in there to prevent burning, use spoonfuls of the water from the pasta.
Once the pasta is ready, strain it and add it to the pan
Stir everything up together
Add the chopped mozzarella, stir it up in the mix and let it melt.

And, then, you're good to go!
This dish is salty so, you don't need to add parmesan to it.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails